I'm looking to learn more about underground gourmet and guerilla gourmet get togethers. It's sounds fantastic, but it brings me to the three big questions, When, Where and How? Any thoughts, suggestions or comments? Thanks.

Views: 23

Replies to This Discussion

Ciao David WE on the west-side (Culver City, Venice, Santa Monica, Malibu...etc.) we are try to start a get together dinner around here...and we usually communicate trough posting each other mes...I don't know were you really are in terms of location...perhaps you can join the conversation and see...Hope to see you online Buona Fortuna...Gia
Morning, Gianna. Thanks for responding to my post. I live in Woodland Hills which in the big picture isn't all that far away. I'd certainly not mind traveling to any of the West Side to experience a new dining pleasure. I'll keep monitoring postings on the Ghetto Gourmet and maybe find an event some time soon. And hopefully I'll have a chance to meet you in person at one of these "clandestine" events. Ciao. David
Hi David,
I am in Valley Village/Studio City area which is closer to you and I have the same questions, where, when and how? Kepp me posted if you hear anything in our area.
Thanks,
Brenda
Hey there, Brenda. The party we were going to on Saturday, Dec 5 got postponed... so now my wife and I may be going the cheese and wine dinner through Amy's Culinary. I'm really excited. Are you going? I don't remember if you said. D.
I live in Tarzana, right next to Woodland Hills, but as a transplanted NYer I don't drive. My darling husband does, but is older than me and often too tired after work to then drive "over the hill". If the West-Siders get things together for an event, I'd love to hitch a ride with you!
Hi there, Elena. David G. here. It would be a pleasure to give you a lift to any of the events my wife and I are going to. I'm a New Englander myself, having gone to college in NYC. So meeting another "friend" from back home would be great. We're going to the February 13th dinner that Chef Amy Jurist is throwing -- One Night In Paris. If you are signed up for that and need a ride, just let us know. And Welcome to the foodie community here in LA. D.
Hey there, I'm new to this site as well. I'm in the West LA area. Anything happening soon?
Hey Nea. The next underground dining experience that I know of is by Amy Jurist and it's entitled La Nuit de Paris... so it's going to be French themed. She hasn't announced the location but the dinner will be Saturday night, February 13th. There are two others I know of, one in January and the other in February but they are both sold out. They're smaller -- only 14 people in those. Amy's groups are a bit bigger. Her last one was fantastic. I'm going in February as well. If you're looking for more info, feel free to drop me a line. Nice hearing from you. David
Hey,
I'm chuck in Marina Del Rey. Went to amazing outlaw dinner party in Hancock Park couple months ago...chef came down from SF. Hope to hear more about the party in Feb. Thanks!
Hey Chuck. I'll let you know how it goes... I'm going to another party in March as well from another chef. Waiting for the details of that one... I'll keep you posted.
I'm Katie from down in the South Bay. I just joined yesterday and would also love to be kept in the loop as to what's going on. I have a nice group of foodie friends who I'm sure would also be interested in getting in on the action. February party looks interesting.
As soon as details from Chef Amy Jurist are available on the Feb 13th event, I'll post them here... as I'm sure Amy Jurist will do as well. Nice to have new folks joining and sharing some wonderful culinary experiences and bringing about new friendships. D.

RSS

Ghet on the List!

For news, updates, invites and announcements, join the GG Mailing List.

On the map...

Latest Activity

Thilo Stefan Sirignano posted photos
Sunday
Parties That Cook posted an event
Thumbnail

Date Night Couples Cooking Class - San Francisco at 1755 Rollins Rd, Burlingame, CA 94010

September 13, 2014 from 5:30pm to 8:30pm
This class runs from 5:30pm to 8:30pm.Join Parties That Cook and whip up some romance with a steamy Date Night cooking class party at the Sub-Zero | Wolf Culinary Events Center at Riggs Distributing. Heat up the kitchen with your partner as you help make a meal that's sure to be both delicious and memorable.At this exciting hands-on cooking party, guests enjoy a lively interactive cooking demonstration. The lead chef will feature…See More
Jul 17
Sonja posted a status
"Wir suchen noch drei hungrige & kommunikative Gäste für unser 5. Poller Guerilla Dinner"
Jun 5
Sonja posted an event

5. Poller Guerilla Cooking in Cologne at Köln-Poll

June 19, 2014 all day
Als ich Caro kennenlernte, stellen wir beide schnell fest, dass wir gerne & gut essen, aber eigentlich noch lieber brutzelnd und experimentierend hinterm Herd stehen und für liebe Menschen kochen. Schnell war die Idee geboren (naja…aus N.Y. und Berlin geklaut und vororttauglich abgewandelt) in unseren eigenen vier Wänden ein Guerilla Cooking zu veranstalten. Soll heißen: Wir kochen und unsere Gäste bezahlen einen vorher festgelegten…See More
Jun 5
Adam Lee Cutsinger left a comment for KC Mitchell
"I miss you so much"
May 30
Louise Bezerra posted photos
May 17
Louise Bezerra updated their profile
May 17
Sunny Kung joined thejer's group
Thumbnail

SF-Bay Area

Home Sweet Home. The birthplace of The Ghet.See More