My husband and I would love to find a San diego Underground dining group. We're not chefs, just foodies. Willing to participate in preparations, etc. Have large home.

Views: 190

Replies to This Discussion

Lets do it !!!
Hi my Wife and I are also foodies, I am typically the cook, but by no means a chef. We would also like to find an underground group in SD area or help start one! We are building a new house with a gourmet kitchen so I can't wait to cook/host some parties. It won't be finished until March of 09 so until then we are happy to attend and or cook for a group!
-J
I am ready to start a movement in san diego,
Hi! I'm a new foodie and just started cooking, but I'm loving it. Would love to hear more about San Diego supper clubs!
I just wanted to add my "me too!" to the interest for a San Diego UG dining group. I live in a small one-bedroom, so hosting probably isn't something I can do, but I would gladly help with/do the cooking... and, of course, the eating! :)
Hello all,

My girlfriend and I are interested in helping get this started in San Diego. Small appartment but four helping hands willing to make a huge and tasty mess! What are the next steps?
I'm veggie too, but I am completely open to meat on the menu - I just don't eat it. I've never been involved in one of these things before, but it seems like we have several interested people. Maybe we should pick a spot and a day? I don't know. I have quite a small house, and an equally small backyard, so my place probably wouldn't work, but I can help with cooking!
I am definitely open to new veggie recipes, roasted, sautéed, grilled, caramelized, fried, whatever as long as it is good! Perhaps there should be an informal get together somewhere to kinda kick things off and do intro's, ideas etc? Maybe even a potluck get to know ya in a Park to taste cooking?
-J
Hey there, I just signed up today for the GG and I've been looking for something like this down here. I recently moved here from the Bay Area. I work in a professional kitchen, and most recently have come from a place that was serving local, organic, top-notch produce, sustainable meats/seafood, and a menu that changed every single day. In addition, We would use whole pigs for making charcuterie etc. Made from scratch is the way to go. This is the mind-set of cooking that I'm into and I'm looking for a community that is into the same ideals. I would love to cook/help out/ possibly host some kind of dinner. I am currently working at a restaurant which means most nights I'm cooking for the public. It would have to coincide with a night off. Please let me know how I can become involved, and who is interested in bringing San Diego up to speed with the rest of the great culinary cities. Look forward to meeting!
I think jimmynowires suggestion of an informal get together / potluck / whatever to taste cooking is a good idea. I'm up for it. Anyone else in?
yes! I think it's a great idea too. I'm in...
This sounds great. I'd love to be a part of it.

RSS

Ghet on the List!

For news, updates, invites and announcements, join the GG Mailing List.

On the map...

Latest Activity

Debra B posted a photo

Ladies enjoying the meals they have created

This was a singles cooking party, but the guys never showed up because it was raining, so the ladies made it into a ladies night out, so much fun. #simplycaribbean #trinisoulcooking
Aug 5
Debra B updated their profile
Aug 5
Andrew shared a profile on Facebook
Jul 30
Thilo Stefan Sirignano posted photos
Jul 20
Parties That Cook posted an event
Thumbnail

Date Night Couples Cooking Class - San Francisco at 1755 Rollins Rd, Burlingame, CA 94010

September 13, 2014 from 5:30pm to 8:30pm
This class runs from 5:30pm to 8:30pm.Join Parties That Cook and whip up some romance with a steamy Date Night cooking class party at the Sub-Zero | Wolf Culinary Events Center at Riggs Distributing. Heat up the kitchen with your partner as you help make a meal that's sure to be both delicious and memorable.At this exciting hands-on cooking party, guests enjoy a lively interactive cooking demonstration. The lead chef will feature…See More
Jul 17
Sonja posted a status
"Wir suchen noch drei hungrige & kommunikative Gäste für unser 5. Poller Guerilla Dinner"
Jun 5
Sonja posted an event

5. Poller Guerilla Cooking in Cologne at Köln-Poll

June 19, 2014 all day
Als ich Caro kennenlernte, stellen wir beide schnell fest, dass wir gerne & gut essen, aber eigentlich noch lieber brutzelnd und experimentierend hinterm Herd stehen und für liebe Menschen kochen. Schnell war die Idee geboren (naja…aus N.Y. und Berlin geklaut und vororttauglich abgewandelt) in unseren eigenen vier Wänden ein Guerilla Cooking zu veranstalten. Soll heißen: Wir kochen und unsere Gäste bezahlen einen vorher festgelegten…See More
Jun 5
Adam Lee Cutsinger left a comment for KC Mitchell
"I miss you so much"
May 30

Sponsored links...

© 2014   Created by thejer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service